Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Midnight Snack: Sloppy Kettle Corn Treats & Hot Cocoa

I always get the munchies at midnight. Tonight, I couldn't decide between kettle corn and a sloppy krispy rice treat (with marshmallow fluff and the famous cereal) to go with my fat free hot cocoa. So I decided to go a little nuts and combine the two. The verdict? Delish!

Do try this at home: Combine 1 bag of 100 calorie kettle corn microwave popcorn, popped and 2 T fluffy stuff. I put the fluff in a baggy and piped it out over the bowl, while stirring with one hand. If you want to go nuts, add 1/4 cup of melted chocolate chips, using the same method.

Now this makes so much to eat that I really think it's two servings. (Just in case that gave you the wrong idea--I totally devoured the entire thing myself!) With that in mind, I think that the calorie count is 70 calories per serving. You could bump it up to 100 or 120 calories with some added chocolate.

As for the hot cocoa, it's exactly what it looks like. 1 packet of store brand, fat-free hot cocoa mix, hot water, whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment