Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Low Cal Lunches: Veggie Chicken Sammy

Because I'm always throwing something together for a quick, healthy--and usually very late--lunch, I decided today to create a new post series on just that. Low Cal Lunches will be short and sweet and always diet friendly.

On today's menu? A veggie chicken patty sandwich! I prefer mine to be all Morningstar Farms all the way. Today, I spread some light mayo and mustard on my new favorite thing: a 100 calorie "everything" flagel, microwaved (I was just too hungry to commit to waiting for the toaster oven!) the patty and put it all together with a quartered orange on the side.

Total Calories: about 250 (higher if you add more condiments) + 64 for the orange.

Okay, so I took the photo with my cell phone and it's not so clear. We'll call it arty.

Variations on this recipe? You can use any other fake chicken (or real if that's your sort of thing!) and bread varieties out there. I think some fake bacon, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, some romaine lettuce or spinach, even pickles would all be delicious on this sandwich. Go nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment