Monday, August 16, 2010

It's about time!

Hi. My name is Stephanie and I'm a procrastinator. I've been talking about creating this blog for well over a year and I am so happy that it's finally here! Because I cook and bake so often, usually adapting recipes on the spot, I've never been able to accurately record my best and worst efforts. I needed a place to keep track of myself--record my experiments right alongside my thoughts, memories and photos. I think that blogs are becoming the modern recipe box and I'm excited to finally join the bandwagon.

About me: I'm a vegetarian--so the closest thing to meat you'll see on this site is facon (fake bacon--love the stuff!). Also, I keep a kosher kitchen. So while I may post about a wonderful vegetarian meal I had at a regular restaurant, the recipes that I make at home are always kosher. I may designate recipes as "dairy" or non-dairy "parve". I may also label some recipes as "vegan"--which means meatless, dairy-free, egg-free and honey-free.

Though I live in NYC with my husband, Doni, I'm originally from Texas and that definitely affects my palate. I have a penchant for spicy foods, anything Tex-Mex, and love (LOVE) snowcones. In fact, I'm eating one right now--Bahama Mama flavor! I also like to take photos. So you'll see a lot of those. Here's one of a cupcake fight with Doni:


I plan to write about food in five different tracks. Something like:
Family Dinner: The stuff I scrounge together for dinner with Doni.
Shabbat This Week: Dishes I make for bigger meals, usually involving friends and family.
All the Sweet Stuff: No explanation needed here!
Adaptations: My take on recipes.
Out and About: My favorite vegetarian finds in restaurants.

I'm sure I'll come up with a few more ideas along the way, procrastination notwithstanding. Thanks for reading and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment