Wednesday, August 18, 2010

All the Sweet Stuff: Snow Cone Showdown

In our apartment, we take snow cones very seriously and this summer we've been having mini-snow cones every night. Because I've been good today, I'm treating myself to a snow cone showdown.

On the roster tonight:



Root Beer
+
Sour Cherry

with Maraschino Cherries



Vs



Bahama Mama
+
Honeydew

with Fresh Blackberries



While the root beer and cherry worked well together, it had a slightly bitter aftertaste. Bahama Mama, however, stayed sweet, coconutty, and for some strange reason (it's non-alocholic), it has a very calming effect. I feel relaxed after a Bahama Mama snow cone, as if I'm surrounded by aromatherapy. The honeydew flavor blended nicely and the blackberries provided a tiny bit of tang and a nice texture. The results?


Bahama Mama FTW!

And next time, I'm not wearing a white tshirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment