Thursday, October 7, 2010

Shabbat This Week: A 5 Course Menu


I won't lie, I'm super excited about shabbat this week because for the first time in so long I am hosting a shabbat dinner! Granted, it's a small one, but I'm very happy to get off my lazy bum and actually have some people over.

I just got off the phone with my good friend Joanie and together we created what I think will be a really fun and delicious menu. I'll post photos of the foods if I can before I light the candles tomorrow evening. Here's my menu:


Shabbat Dinner:

Course 1: Challah and hummus
Course 2: Apple/Potato Soup
Course 3: Kale salad, corn salad
Course 4: Individual Mock Chicken Pot Pies, Roasted Butternut Squash, Green Beans with Almonds, Rice
Course 5: Poached Pears in a Red Wine Glaze with Candied Pecans and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Off to the grocery store!

1 comment: